In the first week of 2017, more than 500 NCC Group consultants and colleagues attended the Group’s annual internal conference, otherwise known as NCC CON, in Dublin, Ireland. The event welcomed team members from all over the world, with representation from our European, Canadian, Australian and US offices.
NCC Group employees arrived at the Clayton Hotel Burlington Road for three days of talks and workshops across a range of information security disciplines.
One of the conference’s core aims was to facilitate informal networking and information sharing between teams that, at other times of the year, are spread across the globe. NCC CON Europe provided the ideal opportunity for colleagues to meet in person and discuss ideas.
More than 80 talks and five technical tracks – including tools demonstrations and workshops – featured on the schedule, spanning from consultancy soft skills to cutting edge research topics including vulnerability & exploit development and malware analysis.
A wide variety of topics were covered by our technical security specialists including:
- If Hash is the Answer, What is the Question?
- Keeping the Client Happy on a Complex Project
- Will it BLEND? Exploiting Adobe’s Type-1 font vulnerability
- Ransomware Detection with Bro
- Hacking the Hunted Reloaded
- Maritime Cyber Security – Threat and Opportunities
- iOS Binary Instrumentation Without Jailbreak
- Biometric Security
- Phishing with Piranha – From Deckhand to Skipper
- From 4x4s to Supercars – Recent Progress in the Automotive Team
NCC CON Europe 2017 proved to be a valuable investment in the development of our employees, with the experience providing wide-reaching benefits for all attendees.
Written by NCC Con Organising Committee
First published on 17/01/17